Powered By Blogger

Thursday, 30 July 2026

CHARITY BLOG SPONSORS THE EAGLES TOP FRIENDLY

 Pre Season Friendly

Saturday 25th July 2025

ARNOLD TOWN 1 NOTTS COUNTY XI 3

Before this match, I went over to pitch one to watch a well evened first half where Arnold Reserves hosted Newly formed club Nottingham Finest FC, I saw both goals in a 1-1 draw between 2 very even sides before at half time heading in to the clubhouse out of the blazing sun.

At the table where Hazel was sat were a few Notts County fans and my mate Paul from Uttoxeter, also Mark from near Birmingham and a chap from Wycombe.

It was also nice to see Steve Holland the chair again who gave permission to put my charity bucket on the enterance table.

I got a seat in the stand in  the shade and took photos, but when i got home, this old laptop borrowed me, I cant get the photos on to the laptop. Arnold did well against a Notts County XI that train everyday and play higher opposition like Walsall F.

Notts County ran out 3-1 victors but the biggest cheer came at full time when both teams left the pitch as both sets of fans showed their respect.

I would like to thank everyone who threw money in to the charity bucket which raised £18.62 and with the 6 goals seen at 25p it totalled to £20.12p and now  the running total stands at £551.67p. The charity chose for this season is called "SCOTTYS LITTLE SOLDIERS, a small charity that aids and supports military children who has lost a dad or mum in the military, this helps towards consulinng, new school uniform if the child has to move schools and many more otherf things

If you would like to make a donation, no matter how small, please see me at \a match or make a bank transfer to

MR ROBERT F HORNBY

SORT CODE: 11-13-24

ACCOUNT: 00269688

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT


No comments:

Post a Comment

KIRTON HIT THE RAVENS FOR SEVEN

 Pre Season Friendly KIRTON BRICKWORKS FC 7 RAVENSHEAD FC 2 Photo taken by Martin Coulson Looking for something local, I spotted this match ...