Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, 19 August 2026

EAGLES FLY OVER THE OLYMPIC

 EUROSOCCER NOTTINGHAMSHIRE FOOTBALL LEAGUE


ARNOLD TOWN FC 5 NOTTS OLYMPIC FC 1

Photo kindly taken by Mick Gretton

Attendance: 74

Why back to Eagle Valley tonight, quite a easy answer, I saw and did Notts Olympics first programme and badge a few seasons ago and not got round to seeing them since.

As I was getting ready in the bungalow at 5pm, I saw lightening and loud claps off thunder, with the rain belting down that hard, my cat shot through the slightly opened window soaked through. I was then in 2 minds if to let Hazel take me or not, but by 5,30pm it was bright blue skies, so off we headed to Arnold Town FC.

On arrival, I popped in to the referees room and got the team sheets and wish them all a good game, to which they all did.

Said hello to some of the faithful followers of the Eagles and just got outside in time for kick off on a nice pleasant evening. The homesters were first to make the visiting keeper in to a fine save, Olympic was playing a long ball game hoping to catch the second ball and did have a couple of half chances.

After 26 minutes, Olympic after soaking up a lot of presure pumped the ball to the right hand side of the penalty area, for the winger to knock the ball over to the left side for LLOYD PATTERSON to tap home.

The lead didnt last for long as in the 36th minute, a long shot by JORDON INGRAM hit the back of the net from some distance to make it 1-1.

The Second Half began and the Eagles looked a different side as they took the game to Olympic and ran at their defence after 55 minutes BENJI AGU ran down the left and cut in and curled his shot into the top corner of the net.

On 65 minutes, it was 3-1 when JORDON INGRAM smashed in a penalty.

With both sides having made all their subs, I thought the game may slow down, how wrong was I to be,. as it became 4-1 on 70 minutes, When JAMES WADE planted his shot past the keeper.

There was still time for another goal in the 85th minute, whenJAKE OGDEN slammed the ball in to send the Eagles fans home happy.

With the 6 goals scored tonight it adds another £1.50 to the charity Blogs running total of £637.67p in aid of "SCOTTYS LITTLE SOLDIERS"

For programme Collectors and badge collectors out there, On Saturday 19th September I am doing a Meden Vale programme £2 and badge £4 and on the 3rd October I will be doing ST Keverne's FIRST EVER PROGRAMME at £2..any one that is interested, please email on hornby60uk@hotmail.com asap to pre order, if you cant make any of those games then I can send via post with postal costs


No comments:

Post a Comment

EXCELLENT BOTTOM OF THE TABLE CLASH

 KERNOW ST PIRAN LEAGUE: DIVISION FOUR WEST SPEAK OUT UNITED FC 6 ST AGNES 3rds FC 3 Speak Out United is a club Ive wanted to visit for a wh...